Things to look for in the show 'Antara' on Zindagi
‘Antara’ is a simple, yet unconventional story about a little girl diagnosed with autism at the tender age of 5. Antara, a child born out of wedlock, loses her mother very early in life. Her father Aditya, who until now is unaware of her existence decides to take over her responsibility.
Antara, is the touching journey of a father who is struggling to find acceptance for his autistic daughter in society and from people closer to home.
Here are some of the reasons why you cannot miss this show:
1. Multi-talented child artist Zaynah Vastani portrays the challenging and complex role of Antara in the show. Zaynah convincingly plays the role of Antara while instantly pulling at the viewer’s heartstrings. The young actor beautifully and sensitively showcases the struggles and challenges that people, especially children with autism go through on a daily basis.
2. The show puts a spotlight on a much misunderstood ailment and helps create awareness regarding Autism. The show demonstrates that treating people with autism as unwanted elements in society is not a solution. But given the proper care we can solve a lot of our and their problems by treating them with love and patience to help them assimilate and adapt to society.
3. Antara is national award winning director Sanjay Surkar’s television swansong. Known for his convincing story telling skills and his passion for highlighting social issues, the director aims to educate and change people’s perspective about a severe condition known as ‘Autism’.
4. Breaking the barriers of conventional TV shows ‘Antara’ is an unconventional story about a little girl with ‘Autism’. The story is unlike the regular television shows and brings a different perspective while breaking the boundaries of a predictable storyline.
5. The chemistry between Darshan Pandya and Prabhleen Sandhu who play Antara’s parents is exceptional. Their brilliant yet poignant portrayal of a couple in a troubled marriage yet very much in love brought another twist to this touching show.
Aren’t you excited to catch Antara on Zindagi?